2610 Reservoir Rd
Little Rock, AR 72227
Compassionate Communication (NVC) Practice Group begins for all who are interested – no experience needed.
5:30-6:00PM – Short Whole Group Check-in
6:00-7:00PM – Break into pairs or trios for empathy
Compassionate Communication is both a personal practice that helps us see our common humanity, and a concrete set of skills which help us to live more peacefully. These skills apply to thought, language, and using our power in a way that honors everyone’s needs.
NVC is a learnable process for creating emotional freedom, self-acceptance, inner peace, and fulfilling relationships. It involves expressing ourselves honestly, listening with empathy, and developing a more compassionate inner relationship.
People around the world are using NVC skills to transform conflict, create harmony in their relationships, and build a world where everyone’s needs are honored through compassionate giving, and without the use of coercion or violence.
NVC helps people to:
- speak in a way that inspires compassion and understanding
- initiate difficult conversations with more ease and confidence
- remain centered and peaceful while hearing difficult messages
- finding the gift underneath anger so that instead of blasting someone with blame, you transform anger into life-serving energy
- shift patterns of thinking that lead to depression, guilt, shame
- enliven yourself by expressing and receiving gratitude
- translate criticism, judgments and blame into life-serving messages
- resolve long-standing conflicts and heal painful relationships
- inspire others to change their behavior willingly